IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips
IIT JEE Advanced 2017- fast preparation tips to score full marks:
IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips:These tips will help you score full marks in IIT-JEE Advanced 2017.
The Central Board of Secondary Education will be conducting the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced 2017 tomorrow, i.e. May 21.
Every student who aims to become a high-achiever in IIT-JEE is bound to experience exam stress.
IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips: Preparing for the JEE Advanced exam will be one of the most rewarding things for your career and days to come. Having strong basics in Physics, Maths and Chemistry can really open up a lot of avenues for you in the future.
Time Management in IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips:
- There is a difference between sitting with a book 18 hours a day and actually studying 18 hours a day. And you don’t want to sit with a book 18 hours a day you need to put your time to good use as it is limited.
- Managing your time over the next 2 years / or 1 year is the most crucial thing that you need to focus on. Not only this, you also need to manage your time during the 3 hours of your actual JEE Main / Advanced exam.
- Here are the 5 key mantras of Time Management for JEE Exam Preparation:
a) Complete the most important tasks first –
- Studying that one chapter in say, Organic Chemistry is more important now than checking out what is the latest movie release or iPhone game on the block.
- Once you have done the important task first, you will have a sense of accomplishment and that will lead you to the next important task.
b) Learn to Say NO to friends & family –
- Its not cutting yourself off from your friends or family while you prepare for the JEE.
- There will always be that friend who tried to distract you from your preparation, tell them a polite NO!
- Friends and family are always going to be around but if you lose these valuable two years of preparation, you are not going to get this time back either. So, you decide!
c) Don’t procrastinate and aim for incremental improvement.
- When we put that out 1% more effort every day, our progress can grow by 3800% in one single year.
- When we slack off 1% every day, we do not progress, rather we push ourselves to failure!
- If you do not like a subject then do not waste time by postponing it, take steps towards studying it and gradually you will become a master!
d) Turn important tasks into habits –
- There is a well known theory that for any task to become a habit you need to do it for 21 days at stretch, and it will eventually become a habit – be it a good habit or a bad habit.
- Make it a habit of revising important formulae and concepts in the morning, especially those which you studied the previous day. Follow this tip and it will work wonders.
e) Set a time duration to everything you do –
- Our brain is a funny object! If you tell it that you have just 1 hour to study a chapter, it will give you reverse feedback and make sure that you finish it in not more than an hour.
- However, if you set aside 4 hours for something that could be done easily in 1 hour, our brain will be slow in that process and it will end up making you take those 4 hours to complete the task – what a waste of time.
Follow a Schedule, Make a Plan in IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips
Planning your day will set the fact in your brain that you have X number of tasks to complete and thereby you will waste much less time. See, how time management and planning your day are so related!Remember, I told you about making a habit in the last point. Right from tomorrow, when you get from bed, make it an habit to spend 15 – 30 minutes to plan your day.
Here is how you can plan your day in 7 easy steps:
- First, get a calendar, a dairy and a pen to make a planner to routine up your time. Always remember you have to utilize every bit of time you have got. Check your dates and make an organized plan for your upcoming preparations which is going to save a lot of time of yours, after all time is our personal asset we can’t waste it right? Eliminate the wastage of time from your schedule like watching movies, sticking to your phone for a long time etc. And you will see that you are gaining control over your time easily.
- You have to wisely plan your schedule You have to mark your priorities first the work you cannot skip like lunch, classes and seminars.
- Point out a long time of your day for studying which will be your main job for these days. You will be mostly busy during the day with School, Classes – so allot time for after evening for your self-study. Take a short break period between every other subject you study and a little for reviews.
- Your Health and fitness are crucial for a good preparation. Keep some time aside for yoga or exercises which will reduce your stress and help you to relax. Find out time to play or exercise daily
- Plan your activities wisely as well as logically like, take a copy of your notes with you whenever you visit cafeteria. You can use note taking mobile apps as well.
- Sometimes when you fell sleepy between your schedule don’t just lie down and let yourself fall asleep instead take a break and walk to the library. Power naps are something that you might consider, though.
- Don’t rush to study all the time instead get enough sleep which will refresh your mind and body and will help you to work more effectively.
- Sleep Well, Sleep Tight!
Know the syllabus and the exam pattern well (including weightage) in IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips
- The JEE Main and Advanced Syllabus is vast and in order to get a very good rank you must make sure that you go through all the 3 subjects and have almost equal command over all of them.
- You should study all the important topics first and then solve ample problems in order to gain mastery over them. Certain topics in the JEE Main & Advanced syllabus has more weightage over others, so laying more stress on these important topics will help you score more marks in the actual exam and thus fetching you a top rank!
- The tough topics obviously have more weightage so without any concession you ought to study them properly. Also, this would let you divide your time well in advance among the various subjects.
- Before you start your preparation you must go though the List of most important topics in JEE Main & Advanced.
Paper pattern for Online & Pen-Paper JEE Main Exam:
- Objective type question with multiple choices – 4 marks for correct answer, -1 mark for wrong answer
- Equal weightage to all 3 subjects – Physics, Chemistry & Maths
- Total time duration – 3 hours
Coaching Classes – Online or Offline in IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips:
Coaching classes are a crucial part of your JEE Preparation. Be it Main or Advanced, having crystal clear concepts will always help you in scoring high and getting that extra edge over others in the exam.
here you find pros and cons of both these types of coaching classes.
Advantages of Online Classes for JEE:
- Study at your own pace
- Refer to video lectures over and over again
- Study from the comfort of your home, no need to travel to the coaching centers
- Track your progress easily using online tools
- Ask multiple questions & doubts
- Online study groups promote quick interaction
Disadvantages of Online Classes for JEE:
- No face-to-face interaction with other students
- Easy to lose track get lost in the overwhelming syllabus
Advantages of Offline Classes for JEE:
- Direct interaction with the teacher
- Interaction and networking with fellow students
- Set schedule for going through different topics
Disadvantages of Offline Classes for JEE:
- Can’t ask lot of doubts to the teacher owing to time limitations
- Traveling to and from the coaching institute will make you tired and is a big waste of time
Whatever it is, in both the media of coaching, the student, that is you have to devote time separately for self-study. After learning new concepts in the coaching class, you must try to apply these concepts and solve ample problems.
Study concepts, solve problems, look at solutions in IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips
- No matter how many coaching classes you join or how many more study materials / books you buy, you have to spend time studying these materials and lecture notes.
- Self-study is one of the most important aspects of your JEE Main & Advanced preparation.
- The more time you devote towards clearing your concepts in various topics of Physics, Chemistry and Maths – the better are your chances of getting a top rank in the JEE
- Lay more stress to those important topics in the three subject which carry the most weightage. You can check the graphs above in Section 3 to find out which topic has how much weightage.
- NCERT books are a must of starting and finishing your JEE Preparation. Y
- Now comes the most important part after you finish studying – problem solving and concept building. You should solve as many problems as you can after going through a topic. The more you practice, the more your foundation becomes stronger.
Group Study in IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips
Studying in groups can be another effective way to study, provided you find the right partner to study with. Studying in groups can also accelerate your JEE preparation and you can see yourself achieving more in less time.
Solve previous years’ papers in IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips
- Always remember, there is nothing called a new question. The JEE Main or Advanced examiners have to test students year after year on the same concepts in order to establish the credibility of the student as to whether or not he or she is capable of making it to the IIT or NITs!
- And, questions do repeat.
- More than that, solving previous year’s JEE question papers help you understand the mindset of the teachers and professors who actually set these questions for the Mains or Advanced exam.
- Apart from this, you get additional confidence by solving questions that had appeared on an actual JEE Exam which is a testimony to the fact that you will be able to tackle similar problems in your JEE exam pretty easily.
You can look for previous years’ JEE Papers in all the three subjects with detailed solutions.
Take time-bound practice test series
- “Practice makes a man perfect” – is a very old saying that is valid in any field of life. You want to be a good singer? You need to practice a lot first!
- Same applies to your JEE preparation. The only way you can work your way through to a top rank in the JEE Main or advanced exam is to practice a lot.
- Practicing daily is very important for your entire JEE Preparation.
- Apart from practicing single questions you should also take full length time-bound part tests to gauge your progress and also work on your speed – like how fast you can solve a problem and how well you can finish your exam in time.
- However, remember to practice both tough as well as easy problems. Don’t get carried away trying to solve just the tough ones.
Follow the toppers, find a Mentor – “you become whom you hang out with”
- “You are the Average of the 5 People You Spend the Most Time With”. So, you want to get All India Rank 1 in JEE Main or advanced? Then hang out with people who have been there and done that before.
- Finding yourself a great mentor is something that you should do right away. Students who have cleared JEE Main or advanced or IITJEE in the past are usually very helpful in guiding their juniors at clearing the exam.
Benefits of having a mentor are many fold, such as:
- You will not have to waste time trying to study a topic which you gradually find out that it has very less weightage. A mentor can tell that to your right away
- Motivation is another reason why you should have a Mentor. You will always remain motivated by hearing stories about your mentor as to what all he / she does at IIT or what they are currently doing after graduating from IIT. Here are some great motivational quotes for your JEE Prep
- You get First-hand tips about JEE preparation – what works and what does not.
Health is wealthin IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips
- The most crucial factor in your entire JEE exam is nothing but your health. If you stay healthy throughout the entire 1 or 2 year preparation period for JEE up to the actual exam date, then you can expect the best rank provided you gave your best on the final exam.
- If you are not healthy, you will come across so many distractions that your preparation will not be as effective as it would have been otherwise.
- Eat properly and like I mentioned once already – get proper sleep. Don’t go to bed right after having dinner. Make sure you give your self 90 minutes to 2 hours after dinner and before calling it a night.
Here are some proven health tips that you might want to keep in mind:
- Take out 30 mins to 45 mins from your schedule to do some light exercise or play games like Badminton, football or cricket.
- Take bath regularly
- Eat more green leafy vegetables and proteins
- Drink enough water regularly
- Avoid processed food like chips, soft drinks, kurkure etc. These can be consumed once in a while.
Limit Distractions like Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram in IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips
With so many online portals these days like Facebook, Whats app chat, Instagram, LinkedIn and Instagram – it is very easy to waste time and completely get lost in them. These distraction can negatively affect your preparation and let you down in a Big way.
Retrospect your day in IIT JEE Advanced fast preparation tips
After you have finished studying for the day, spend 10 – 15 minutes thinking what have you achieved during the entire day. Lay stress on things like:
- Where did you waste your time most?
- How can you optimist your time better for tomorrow?
- Could you achieve your plan for the day?
- If not, how can you tweak your timings to study more effectively?
Thinking about things like these will not only help you keep your preparation in check for the coming 2 years, it will also help you in the long run to become an organised individual!
for more on IIT JEE Advanced practice papers check here Practice Papers
For video lectures in IIT JEE Advanced Examination preparation click Video lectures
For more on IIT JEE Advance log on to https://www.olatopper.com