IIT JEE main result and all India ranking
IIT JEE main result: JEERank List 2017 – Candidates who have appeared for the JEE Main exam on April 2, 8 and 9 can now check their JEE Main 2017 Rank List as CBSE has announced the result.
CBSE JEE Main 2017 Result: All India Rank For Paper 2 declared, check score at jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
The results of paper 1 were released in April. The JEE Main paper 2 was conducted for candidates on April 2, 2017. Paper 2 was conducted for admission to BArch and BPlanning courses offered at engineering colleges except IITs. Paper 2 consisted of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
On May 11, CBSE had released answer key and recorded response for paper 2. A total of 1,44,086 candidates appeared for the exam out of which 82,060 were boys and 62025 are girls.
Scroll down to Read on to know more details about JEE Main Rank List 2017.
IIT JEE main result : IIT JEE main result is expected to be released in the last week of April, 2017.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting the JEE Main Examination 2017 as as
- offline examination – Pen and Paper Based Examination- for
- Paper 1 for B.E. / B.Tech.
- Paper 2 (B.Arch. / B.Planning)
- an online examination for Paper 1 (B.E. / B.Tech.) only
- More than 13 lakh students had appeared for the JEE Main Examination in 2015 previously called All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) which was conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes in National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and other centrally funded technical institutes (CFTIs).
- Central Board of Secondary Education( CBSE ) was established on November 03, 1962 and it is located at New Delhi, India.
- It is a board of education in India which provides affiliation to the public and private schools running in India.
- It designs the syllabus and study materials for the students and also conducts the exam for promoting students.
- CBSE is also conducting the CTET and Joint Entrance Examination JEE Main and Advanced in various examination centers.
- JEE is the all India level entrance examination which is conducted for allowing the candidates to get admission in the Engineering courses.
- The IIT JEE main result/ IIT JEE main score card is expected to be released in the last week of April, 2017.
- To check your IIT JEE main result, candidates have to follow certain steps that are given below in this page.
- We have discussed here about IIT JEE main result and important instructions related to the IIT JEE main result 2017.
- The IIT JEE main score card 2017 comprises of the scores obtained by the candidates who appeared in the JEE Main Exam 2017. For more details on score card click on Score Card
- CBSE ( Central Board Of Secondary Education ) is which conducts the examination, publish the result and the merit list.
Procedure to check IIT JEE main result:
Candidates have to go to the official IIT JEE website.
• Now then click on JEE Main 2016 Result link.
• Then candidates have to enter their Roll No.
• Now click submit button.
• Then you’ll get you results which can be download by Save and take a printout by Print button.
The score obtained by the candidates will then determine whether they are eligible for admission in the Participating Institutes of JEE Main 2017.
This score shall comprise the actual marks obtained in Paper-I of IIT JEE Main Examination– 2017 along with the status of those who qualify for appearing in IIT JEE Advanced Examination – 2017 provided and subject to other
conditions of eligibility being met.
Separately, on the basis of score in IIT JEE Main Examination– 2017 and normalised score in Class 12th or equivalent
qualifying exam (60% & 40% weightage respectively), separate rank lists will be prepared for admission to B.E./B. Tech. and B. Arch/ B. Planning (in institutions other than IITs).
This will be declared on or before 30th of June 2017.
Only the All India Rank (AIR) is used for admissions through Central Seat Allocation Board to NITs/IIITs/CFTIs/SFIs/Others, while other ranks are for information purposes.
No score/rank card will be dispatched to the candidates and the candidates are advised to download their score/rank cards from the IIT JEE Main website.
In case of a tie, i.e. when two or more candidates obtain equal marks (by giving 60% weightage to performance in IIT JEE Main Examination– 2017 and 40% weightage to normalized marks in Class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination, inter-se merit of such candidates shall be decided in a order, which is explained here Rules for tie breaking
IITJEE Main Rank List 2017 :
- A separate rank list will be prepared for admission to B. Arch/ B. Planning which will be declared on May 27, 2017
- If two or more candidates secure equal marks, then inter-se merit of such candidates will be determined by the following rules and order. JEE Main Rank list 2017 for admission to B.E/B.Tech (in institutions other than IITs)
- In case of a tie, the tie-breaking rule will be applicable, according to which the candidates with higher marks in Mathematics, Physics will be offered higher ranks.
- Candidates’ absolute value calculated on the basis of the ratio of negative and positive marks of the candidate will considered and the candidate with higher absolute value of this ratio will be given higher rank.
- In case, all the above tie-breaking rules are applied and still if the resolution is not possible, then the candidates will be offered same rank.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS for the year 2017 :
- The HRD Ministry has officially announced that normalized class XII marks will not be a factor in JEE Main 2017 Rankings.
- Therefore, the 40% weightage to class XII marks will not be considered for determining ranks.
The top 2 lakh students who clear the JEE Main 2015 can appear for JEE Advanced 2016 exam (previously known as IIT JEE).
The Joint Entrance Examination Advanced or JEE Advanced is conducted for admission to B.E/ B.Tech programmes offered by the 18 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and the Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad.